Friday, August 22, 2014

SIMPLE JOYS of a SENIORa

I took the aircon bus in going to SM Southmall early this afternoon .   For the first time,  now a SENIORa, I only paid 10 pesos as the minimum fare for  the aircon bus.  Kaya lang, tiningnan ako ng conductor at pagkatapos, hiningan ako ng ID.  Medyo nairita ako at medyo natuwa rin.    Nairita ako dahil hinanapan pa ako ng ID.  Sa tingin ko, ayaw maniwalana ng conductor na SENIORa na ako kaya medyo natuwa rin ako... hehehe

Since it was dismissal time, most of the air con busses were full and as expected,  there were no seats available when I boarded in.  It wasn't a problem actually because it will only take about 10 mintues for me to reach my destination.   But I felt a bit flattered  when a young man offered his seat to me and said. " Nay... dito na po kayo."  And with my sweetest smile, I said , " Thank you."

Thank God!  Honestly, I never expect to meet gentlemen in busses nowadays.  Sabi kasi ng mga kalalakihan, hindi raw marunong magpasalamat ang mga kababaihan kaya halos ayaw na nilang magpaupo.   Kaya tuwang-tuwa ako  at may nag offer ng upuan sa akin.   At least, meron pa palang mga  gentlemen ngayon.  Most probably it's because I am now a SENIORa.  Smiling by myself,  natuwa na naman ako dahil , at least, hindi sinabi nung binatilyo na "Lola , dito na po kayo! "  hahaha

As usual, when I got inside the bank at the mall, todo haba ng pila.  I got my number and it was 71.  When I look at the transaction number indicator, it was only 43.  Grabe, almost half way pa lang.  So I took my notebook and planner to review my calendar for the day and  oh.... I saw my purchase booklet and it reminded me that I am  NOW  a SENIORa.    I immediately asked the guard for a new number ( for the SENIORas/es this time ) and gave it to the Teller assigned for the SENIORas/es .  Would you believe . . . it didn't take more than two  minutes for me to finalize my transaction with the bank simply because I am now a SENIORa!   Isn't that wonderful?


Thank you for these simple joys, oh Lord!  They brought smiles on my face and allow me to age . . . gracefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment