Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Officially at 60!


For the past few weeks, there were typhoons and thunderstorms all over the place.  It was windy and rainy, there were floods , landslides and no classes in certain areas.  It was not something  extraordinary actually for the month of August.  As it has always been, my birthday celebration on August 10, always  fall on a rainy day. 

NOT THIS TIME,  luckily! Up to the very last  few hours of my junior years, GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME.  The sun was up, the sky was blue, the place was lovely and  the faces were all happy though the foods were served a bit late.  Thanks to Baby Laica, our joytoy,  for filling in the gap through photoshoots!  haha


I planned a Mexican-themed  party for my 60th birthday celebration at a surprise location... hehe
                                                          

At the heart of the city lies the Intercontinental Hotel, Manila.  This picture was taken from Glorietta 4.


In one of its Premier Executive Suites,  through the courtesy of my children Rein and Joseff Kitchen,  I hosted a very simple thanksgiving celebration for my 60th birthday.  This picture was taken from the rear side by the pool.

Upon arrival in our room, I was welcomed with a lot of surprises one of which was this fabulous birthday cake from the hotel.

The cake was coupled with a bouquet of cute and colorful balloons and some  pieces of fruits in season...
Introducing my very special guest . . . BABY LAICA, my very first ever grandniece!

My sisters in Christ who prayed for me . . .  Sis. Nancy Castillo, Sis. Sally Ibanez and Sis. Susan Lopez

Sis. Nancy, Sis. Sally, Sis. Susan and me with our joytoy Baby Laica


My photo with the camera-shy boys (L-R)  Earl,  Bro. Alex, Bro. Ricky, IE, Rolly Hugo and Anthony Arciaga.

and of course, MY BEST EVER SISTERS (L-R)  Citas, Banjie, Eunice, Me, Beth with Baby Laica and Bengga


It was a great joy to see Mr. Federico (Boy) Martin (in blue shirt and white trousers ) again after so many years . . .

Thank you for joining in the celebration, Vicky Acosta and Daisy Ng!

Thank you for all these bounty!





 

It's indeed a blessing to be with the people from my teen's years  up to my ty's (L-R) Teofila, Me, Leony and Fel

DINNER IN BED...That's how intimate the celebration was.  (L-R) Baby, Julie, Malou and Ara

(L-R)  Malou, Ara, Vicky and Leony

(L-R)  Leony,  Baby, Fel, Julie and Puring
Two of the women I most adored

(L-R)  Cynthia, Baby, Julie, Malou, Ara, Vicky and Leony


 

The entertainers for the night . . .  Malou and my sister Banjie

Wow... poging Mexicano!
 
I just love the colors of the balloons and the torch flowers
Happy Birthday dance??
It was indeed a pleasure to be with this very successful but humble woman,  Eyie Enriquez Ocbena

Thanks to FB ! These two great women in their own right came back into my life... Rosetta Garcia Palma and Victoria Acosta Martinez

Ms. Zumba Queen Julie led the group to the dance floor


I've been with this man almost half of my life and still counting for more....



I thank God for all these beautiful people around me...

Before we parted ways, we had our traditional "class picture" at the lobby


We even tried to block the lift hall for our class picture... haha


 

Now you know where I got my top ?  Pinagtagpi tagpi lang... hahaha

 


Still at the hotel,  this is how I celebrated my  very first day as a senior...




On my very first senior day, I had a breakfast like a queen at The Jeepney, the hotel's Buffet Restaurant.


I started my day with my favorite MUESLI
 I also indulged  on some crispy bacon, a slice of potato wedge  and a few slices of cucumber and red cabbage

Whatever time of the day,  I just simply found these assorted Japanese sushi and maki irresistible.


 

My breakfast was capped  with this Belgian waffle with mango campote, whipped cream and maple syrup.

With this steaming hot English Breakfast tea, I had a super duper excellent breakfast on my first day as a senior citizen.

My  crispy Belgian waffle topped with mango campote, whipped cream and maple syrup.  SARAP!

As always, Nonoy had Asian noodles and fruits with four season juice.  Nainggit din siya sa aking crispy bacon... hehe
 


SOUVENIR PHOTOS at  THE JEEPNEY, Intercontinental Hotel, Manila




After our hearty breakfast, we proceeded to the hotel's pool


The view of the pool from our room...

my fav shoes and bag for my first senior day

The Intercontinental Hotel, Manila Signage

I just saw the real stages in life through these flowers.   Did you see, too?



 





MY BIRTHDAY CORNER









My favorite birthday greetings!  haha
 
 
 
 
birthday balloons with ribbon

Our bed of balloons...




Before we left the hotel, we took advantage of  our Executive Lounge access at the Club Intercontinental  for our sweet and fruity afternoon.


Chilling at the Club Intercontinental on my first senior day



Goodbye junior years! God willing,  I am now ready to face my senior years with excitement!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment