Monday, August 25, 2014

Egg No. 1

I love eggs as much as other people do! Actually, it  is a common food stuff in our breakfast tables not only among Filipinos perhaps,  but also in other parts of the world.



Our children, as early as in the pre-school level, are being taught of these  undying local rhymes about the nutritional value of eggs:

                Uminom ka ng gatas  upang ikaw ay lumakas.
                Kumain ka ng itlog at ikaw ay bibilog.

True enough, eggs are rich in protein that helps the children grow.  But for SENIORas/es like me, we have to make sure that we have our body cholesterol checked first before we indulge in the "one egg a day "  routine.  Honestly, when I became a golden girl, I limited myself to a once a week egg meal to control my cholesterol level because eggs are said to be high in cholesterol.  But that doesn't mean  we should stop eating eggs already.  We should learn to control, however, in eating this protein-rich stuff.   For more information about the nutritional value of eggs, you can go to 

As SENIORas, you can  prepare some egg recipes for your APOs for their baon or snacks.  I am sure they will love you more if you do.  For young mothers out there, here's a way by which you can put some art in serving  egg meals to your kids  rather than serving it scrambled, sunny side-up , poached or boiled.

To make my once-a-week egg meal more exciting, I tried and tested some easy to prepare egg meals which I would like to share with you.  Here's my  EGG NO. 1.

NUTELLA EGG SANDWICH

Ingredients:

2 slices of tasty bread
1 small egg
1 teaspoon nutella spread

To  explain the procedure easier, I took some pictures to give you a clear idea on how to do it.


Get ready with your two slices of tasty bread and put one on top of the other.


Using a clean bottle cover, create a hole in the bread  big enough to contain the egg.


This is how your bread should look like after removing the middle portion of it  which we will call the "round bread"


Spread some nutella on the sides of the bread and put them together.  You can also use some jam or other  sweet spread/ if Nutella is not available.


Using a non-stick pan, toast  one side of the bread and


break the egg and pour the egg yolk and the egg white on the round space


Add salt  ( and pepper, optional ) to taste


Wait until the egg settles


 Toast and cook the egg on the other side


Heat and toast a bit the "round  bread "


After toasting and cooking the egg on both sides and toasting the "round bread", this is how  they  should look like .


Spread some NUTTELA on the "round bread"


Slice your nutella egg sandwich diagonally, creating two triangles and serve it with tea and some slices of fruits in season.  For your APO,  it may go well with milk or fruit juice.


Enjoy your breakfast or it can be your  fun snack!  Happy Eating guys!


Let me enjoy my breakfast, too!


For comments, suggestions and recommendations,  I would love to hear from you via my email www.fleridabael.yahoo.com

Cheers to a great day, friends!  Enjoy cooking and eating!  Wait for my EGG No. 2 soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment