Monday, June 16, 2014

3 X on Father's Day

Today is Father's Day.  Like Mother's Day, it has been highly commercialized, too.  Every one seems so excited to go to the malls, hotels and shops  to avail of the special discounts given to all the Dads out there who will celebrate the day with them.

My siblings and I were no exception to the many children who wanted to celebrate the day with their fathers.  Since today is a Sunday, my first activity was to go to the church .  After the worship service, a  very simple celebration was held in honor of all the fathers in the Church.  They had a Father's Day wish followed by a cupcake candle-blowing and a snack of spaghetti and pandesal.  Simple as it was, I saw the smiles of happiness in the faces of all the fathers present.


Sis. Bengga, with the help of Bro. Epoy Milan lighted all the candles on the cupcakes


Smile Dads and make a wish  . . .  ( where are the others?)


blow your candles . . . NOW!


Here's your spaghetti and pandesal . .  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
 

From the church, my sister Eunice, Banjie and I, grabbed a crab for our #1 Dad for lunch.  Basically, we chose Red Crab for my Dad's favorite dish which is Sinigang sa Bayabas.  We thought he would like it but, unfortunately, he didn't.   Good enough, my sister Banjie was there and ( after asking for some sugar ) she was able to "manipulate"  the taste of sinigang na bayabas  my father was craving for.  Incidentally, my sister Banjie used to cook sinigang na bayabas for Papa .  She said she was able to get the secret of the said recipe from my Mom that's why she knew exactly what taste Papa is expecting from the said dish.  Nevertheless,  my father  enjoyed the other dishes from the Red Crab such as Crab Maritess  and the Mango Crepe for his dessert.


The Red Crab in Tomas Morato, Quezon City


The special prmo for Father's Day


Sinigang na bangus sa bayabas


Crab Maritess


Mango Crepe


After our hearty meal,  some  "cowboy" staff  in the restaurant approached us for the souvenir picture taking which they said will be published in their website www.redcrabalimangohouse .  They also gave Papa the souvenir mug.  We also had our picture-taking afterwards.


pakulo ng The Red Crab on Father's Day


and their  souvenir mug


Wala na ang cowboy . . . cowgirl na ang may hawak... haha


Papa with Banjie and Eunice


It's my turn with Papa and Eunice


Happy Father's Day, Papa!  Thanks for everything!

Incidentally, for my fashion-conscious readers, here's my outfit for the day.

Dark blue-violet blouse with clipped black floral accent  ( from a charity store), white riveted  pants by Lee, Black wedge  sandals by Neue Diffusion, Handbag by  Longchamp and sunglasses by  Giordano



From The Red Crab in Quezon City, I proceeded to Alabang Town Center in Muntinglupa  to celebrate Father's Day with my daughter's Dad.  As usual, we planned to have a special dinner for the occasion  but to our great disappointment, all the restaurants and food shops were fully occupied and my partner does not have the patience to wait for long queues when he's hungry.  So we ended up going to the METRO STORE (Supermarket) and since it's Father's Day, he called the shots.  He immediately proceeded to the Suisse Cottage for his lemon bread ( he's a real bread lover ), bought some grapes and apples and 2 bottles of 1.5L Coke.  We went home early and he simply requested for his favorite veggie salad rolls and chicken cordon bleu  with roasted zucchinis for dinner. 


Nonoy's favorite spot in the Metro Store





Special sale of the day . . . Php 178.00 per kilogram of seedless grapes ( a stolen shot  because he hates picture-taking in places like this.  Sorry Dad, I have to for my blog... hehe )



My very own version of veggie salad rolls  which has not yet been sliced
( the picture includes sliced ham and cheese pin rolls )
 

sliced veggie salad rolls ( with sliced  ham and cheese pin rolls )
 

my very own version of chicken cordon bleu with roasted carrots and zucchinis


Thank God, I had the chance to celebrate Father's Day three times today.  Actually, it has always been that way for the past few years and I am expecting for the same things to happen in the next coming years...
 
Today, this Father's Day, there are so many ways to honor our fathers, as The Bible commands us to do ( Ephesians 6:2  Honor your father.... ) It need not be expensive nor dramatic; it need not be laborious nor simply elegant.  One way, even if they are no longer with us ( in our respective homes or in this world ) ,  is TO SHOW OUR RESPECT FOR THEM . . . not on how good fathers they have become but simply for the fact that they were the men whom God chose to be our fathers.
 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !
 
Note:  I have written this blog yesterday , June 15, 2014, but was published only today, June 16, 2014.






No comments:

Post a Comment