Friday, May 24, 2013

Movies and Transformers

I guess I was just starting my teenage life when I stopped taking fun rides.  The last carnival ride I had was with my sister Beth and my only brother Ernie Boy.  We took a Ferris wheel ride  ( a giant vertical, power-driven wheel that revolves on a stationary axle and bears swinging observation cars for passengers ) and since then, I could not forget the drowning experience that I/we  had.  After that "traumatic" experience, I promised myself not to take any fun ride anymore,  anytime, anywhere. Not even the very famous London Eye in UK nor the Singapore Flyer was able to convince me to try another Ferris wheel ride.  It's just enough for me to have a picture with the London Eye on the background  and a photo of the Singapore Flyer from the distance , and that's it!


The first biggest Ferris wheel in the world ~ the London Eye  ( I was so busy looking at my photos in the cam . . . haha)


The Singapore Flyer taken from the Merlion Site
 
However, when we visited Singapore last October, 2012,  Alyssa ( my niece who is currently based in Singapore) took us to the famous Universal Studio. 
 

Entrance to the Universal Studio
The world-famous Universal Studio Logo  ( Swerte at hindi matao )
 



 The Universal Studio in Singapore is quite big and one whole day is not even  enough if you will seriously consider all the shows and rides.  But there were two activities inside the Studio  that we found incredibly amazing!
 
 First, we found ourselves surprised and  amazed with the Lights, Camera, Action thing, with no less than Steven Spielberg directing the ala "Titanic" shooting with all the thunder , storm, earthquake and river fire effects. 
 

The Director . . . STEVEN SPIELBERG


 
It was indeed amazing that a small place such as this can create blockbuster movies . .. .

 
A small pool such as this can look like a big ocean  in the movie screens . . .
 
How big , do you think, will this small fire look like in the movies?

 
With LIGHTS  CAMERA  ACTION , I came to realize how deceiving movies can be!   A small pool can look like a big ocean and a small ship can be imagined to be as big as the fabled Titanic.  A small spark can easily become a wild river fire and oh..... the ramblings and the sounds  that go with the earthquake... they  seemed so real!  We can't help but clapped our hands after the show.  This is truly a MUST-SEE when you visit the Universal Studio in Singapore.
 
Look who's here!  When we went out of LIGHTS  CAMERA   ACTION,  Charlie Chaplin was there to greet us!
 
The next stop was at  the Transformers ~ The Ride.
 
at the entrance of TRANSFORMERS ~ The Ride
   
I learned that it is a digital fun ride.  I was quite hesitant and  of course a bit afraid of a possible another "traumatic" experience so I kept asking Alyssa what that fun ride is all about.  She promised me , however, that the experience is not that scary  and that it  is worth having.   After some deep breathing, I found myself together with my travel buddies, in the fast-moving cars , bringing us to the different corners of the world just to be barred and have an encounter with the robots and autobots.  The ride lasted for about 5-10 minutes and as expected, once again, I experienced that "drowning effect".  Sa bilis talaga ng mga cars, nakakalula,  and feeling ko,  parang titilampon na kami sa bilis ng andar ng sasakyan namin.  Towards the end, of course, with our last encounter with the Transformers, the voice said,   " Your bravery has saved the earth"!
 
 



Our family picture in front of TRANSFORMERS~The Ride at the Universal Studio in Singapore
 
HAHAHA !  YOUR BRAVERY HAS SAVED THE EARTH!
 
I could never and would never forget those words!
 
Sometimes, we really need a bit of courage  to experience joy and happiness in life.   Often, we miss a lot of things that we should have enjoyed had we had a little of bravery in our hearts.  Had I backed out from that TRANSFORMERS  ride,  I wouldn't have anything to share with you now.  Let's learn from the turtle.  It only moves and enjoy life  when it is courageous enough to take  its head out. 
 
GO !  EXPERIENCE THAT TRANSFORMER RIDE!  HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!
 
Thank you for traveling with me.  There are  more travel blogs about our trip to Singapore!
I hope you'll read them, too! 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment