Saturday, May 11, 2013

Our First Few Days in London

At last, I finally made it !  After so many months of waiting, I had the chance to write my next travel blog .  Again I would say, it's always better to be late than never.  Hahaha

We arrived at the Heathrow Airport in London on August 5, 2011  at about 8:00 in the morning.  Since it's our first time,  we were so conscious about the immigration interview.  It was my turn alone but it came out to be a group interview.  There was only one question asked by the immigration officer:  "What will you do here in UK? " .  Straight to the point, I  said  " My daughter is getting married a few weeks from now and I am attending her wedding ceremonies. "  Without any further questions, the Black Lady stamped my passport.  And the rest of the Philippine Team followed.  The same question was asked. 

Joe and Rein  were never in sight outside the Heathrow Airport so we were a bit jittery and we started calling them up ! hahaha.   After a few minutes of walking around the airport, we saw that tall  handsome guy, his hair well-fixed with gel and that petite smart lady, both in their widest grin.  " Yeheeey!  They're here! "

We took the subway train in  going to Fairbridge Road, London Borough of Islington  for  almost an hour from the airport.  The flat has three levels and is quite big enough to accommodate several students and of course, us .  
 
Fairbridge Road signboard
 
 
The Fairbridge Road
 
 
 
 
A jump shot for my sister Bengga
 
During my stay there ( for almost a month ), I did not see any house with its own garage in London.  All the cars were on the street.  Good enough, their streets are wide so that even the biggest garbage truck can easily pass through.
 
 
Are you ready to drive the car, Sir?
 
 
Our lounge at the flat in Fairbridge
 
 
Our hang-out in the flat
 
 
Just a few minutes walk from our flat is the Fairbridge Park  .  This is one thing I've been missing there.    The park is very big and clean,  so lustrous green and refreshing and it is  complete with all the health facilities that you can find in a private gym.   They have all the courts ( I mean, basketball, tennis, etc. ) and have a big oval , too,  where you can walk ,  jog or run. You can have your daily exercises without any hassle and for as long as you want to.  At least, even if they are paying high taxes, they can enjoy simple but important things such as these for FREE .
 
                                                                                   
 
An early morning jog by Rein and Bengga
 
 
 
Enjoying the sun at the park
 
 
 
Rein is dying to lose some pounds before the wedding
 
 
 
I really miss this !
 
 
 
GO Bengga GO !
 
 
 
When we left, nobody's at the park anymore. 
 
                                      
 
 
As we walked back home, my sister Bengga did not forget to pose for a picture under this tree.  We've got a lot of those leaves at SM Malls  except that they're all plastic.  These ones are real.
 
I hope you enjoy your travel with me in our first few days in London.  See you again in my next travel blog . . . still around London.
 
Just click on the photos for bigger and better viewing.  Thank you !
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment