Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A thousand arm bouquets!

Last Sunday, May 12, 2012,  many countries  worldwide celebrated Mother's Day.  As soon as I opened my laptop, I have read the blog written for me by my daughter Rein.  It was such a very touching write-up that it almost brought me into tears.

 
Rein's blog for me on Mother's Day
 
A few minutes later, we headed off to the church. As part of the Mother's Day celebration, all the mothers in the church were given a long-stemmed red rose coupled with a plain cupcake or mamon as it is more popularly known. .  There were some hilarious games ( e.g. knock, knock ) and special numbers dedicated to all the mothers.  The simple celebration was capped by a short but meaningful prayer for all the mothers by the church elder.

 
All the mothers in the church received a long-stemmed rose from the
Young Christian Movers (YCM)
 
 
All the mothers at Lealtad Church on Mother's Day
 
After the worship service,  I got some gifts from my sisters.  They, in return, got their gifts also from their children .  Three of my sisters got lovely arm bouquets with sweet and touching  dedications.  Reacting naturally,  I envied them, wishing that my children were also around to give me such a lovely token, too.

 
Sweets from my sweet sisters . . .
 
 
the arm bouquet for Bengga from the Arciaga children
 
 
and their very touching dedication
 
On my way home, I was still visualizing the very nice arm bouquets  given to my sisters by their children.  As I tried to imagine my children giving me also an arm bouquet, it made me reflect on my experiences during the recent past few days.

 
The arm bouquets given by my nieces and nephews to their moms
 
 
It was a hot afternoon when my daughter called up.  She told me that she has booked us in the newest hotel in the area for two main events - a birthday gift to her dad and a pre-mother's day celebration.

Oh, I'm so sorry.  I easily forgot !  We had already an advanced celebration of the Mother's Day!  haha

 
The frontage of the hotel
 
 
The hotel logo
 
 
Vain shots taken at our hotel room
 
 
 
In one of the corners of the hotel with my favorite pose
 
 
Dinner at the hotel with our "son" JV
  
 
A new discovery - real crispy seafood noodles
  
 
Specialty salad - green mango strips with iceberg lettuce, salted eggs , onions and tomatoes with french salad dressing
 
 
another " must try " recipe - kani with ripe mango salad
 
 
lechon kawali 
 
 
my first time to try this Seafood Mongos
 
 
sizzling bangus
 
 
fresh fruit platter
  
 
fresh buko juice
  
 
 Olive Tree
  
 
At the UMAMI - the Japanese Resto  of D'Hotel & Suites
 
 
At the bar -  Olive Tree
 
 
A very simple Filipino breakfast
 
 
a pose at the buffet table
 
 
 
 
at The Boulevard
  
Indeed, we were treated like a King and Queen at D'Hotel & Suites with all expenses paid. 
Thank you, Joe and Rein , for the very nice surprise.  The experiences we had was worth a thousand arm bouquets especially at the time when even a cent counts a lot !

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment