Saturday, March 30, 2013

London (Part I)

My husband and I were so excited to go to London for a couple of reasons.  First,  our daughter was getting married then ( to a British national ) and second,  we have not been there before.  It will be our first time to visit the place and like anyone else, we were rolling down to and pro  the stairs to  " visit the queen" .
Since I was a child, I kept on imagining how the London Bridge looks like especially when it is falling down ( as the song goes ).  I have  dreamt of the King and Queen, their princes and princesses and even the food that they eat.  When I was a bit older, I started reading the stories of the Royal Family.  I had a subscription  of society magazines  ( MOD and Women's ) where the Royal Families were frequently featured.  When Prince Charles and Princess Diana came into the picture, I bought their hard-bound biographies and followed  their write-ups in the weekly magazines.
I was indeed a fan then of the Royal Family and I really did  not know why.    No doubt, I even named my daughter Reina Andrea ( Queen Andrea) .  That alone was a proof of how much I have been influenced by my being a Royal Family fanatic.  But when Princess Diana met her fate with the paparrazi and when so many scandalous stories where written about them, slowly my interest on them died naturally.  But my desire to see London has never waned.  Much more, it was waxed.
Let me share with you some of the photos we had when we visited London.  For today, I'll start with the different food that we ate on different occasions and in various places and  restaurants.


    We had our lunch at Nando's after the worship service at Hillsong London Church.  This was our first Sunday in London.




We thought there was no rice.  But there was at Nando's


Joe's  no-rice lunch


Instead  of rice,  the Londoners have fries.



On August 11, 2013, a day after my birthday,  Fe Santos treated us to an Italian Restaurant in London.  Again, we had a no-rice meal and we feasted on these food:


                                      



Avocado with white cottage cheese and tomatoes

Tomato soup with garlic toasts

Cold cuts festival


squid rings with veggie salad

King prawns


tender ribs with marble potatoes and veggie salad

Red Sea Fettucini





The food were served palatably and  tasted great.  But  . . . . I will never miss them. 

Nothing beats the Filipino dishes .. .  really!












No comments:

Post a Comment