Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy birthday, MFI

Dearest MFI,

I'm happy and I would like to let you know that I have created my own blog spot now.  I hope you have visited my site already with the several blogs i have written and have shared with my friends before.  Now on your special day, I simply cannot allow it to pass without writing something about you in my site.  You are one person who has somehow influenced me a lot to become who I am now.

It has been ages when I first met you.  It has been ages when you first taught me how to prepare an appointment paper.  It has been ages since we stayed overnight in the office due to some urgent matters and one time, because we were stranded due to heavy rains.  It has been ages since we traveled together all over the Philippines during our "recruitment and selection" days.  It has been ages since we had our first Assessment Centers.  It has been ages since we shared each other's " baon " during break times.  It has been ages since  we argued over official matters.  It has been ages since we cried together due to depression for unknown reasons.  It has been ages since we both left the GSIS cubicles.  It  has been ages since we saw each other personally and had our lunch together in Tagaytay.  Truly,  it has been ages . . . since we started our friendship.

We were together for almost twenty long years in the GSIS but  i have never mentioned to you how much you have influenced my lifestyle.  Now, I have found the right time to let you know  how much you did. 

First, you taught me how to value money and to spend it wisely.  While I have read it and have heard it from others, YOU ARE  the person who lived with it and showed me how to do it.  I know I have not perfected it even up to now but just the same, I owe you so much for being my role model.

Second, you taught me what self-discipline is all about.  When you were my boss,  I admired you for coming to office everyday and on time.  You have provided good examples to follow and have challenged me enough to do the same.  With you, I have learned to plan my work and to work out my plans and eventually, somehow,  I know I have achieved a balance in my life.  

Third, you also helped me develop a good vision.  You are the  person who always look ahead so that you have the insight to make good decisions.  I don't say that I am a very good decision maker now because I am fully aware that I have made some not-so-good decisions also in my life. But for whatever accomplishments I have achieved by now,  you have been a strong force within me.

I was only twenty-one then when I entered the GSIS.  As a developing individual, I needed someone to look up to during those days upon whom I can pattern my lifestyle. I am very happy to let you know that you were the one I have chosen and you did not fail me.  You have inspired me and touched my life with the way you have lived your life.   
Myrna Lou Filart Isip - a true friend  indeed!  You're my best friend according to Reina.  Remember? LOL

Happy, happy birthday, Myrns!  May the good Lord bless you with many, many more !

Love and miss you,

Fler


Myrna and I  in Tagaytay sometime in 2009

Our latest picture together in Tagaytay, 2009

Myrna with the "original" MPSD staff  that I've known

La Union Country Club 

                                              In one of our travels with Lita Irlandez
                                                         and Bobby Victorio
   
How I wish I could be with all these people again. !  Is it still possible?

At the GSIS hostel with  Myrna, Mrs. Lim, Baby Angala, Neneng (RIP) and Yvette Abaya
Myrna's  Beantiful Angels
(L-R  Myrna, Neneng, Cely , Fler, Raquel, Josie, Cionnie and Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment