Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Patience, my dear!

You'll surely find it very boring to fall in line from 1 o'clock in the afternoon and finish the transaction by 6:30 in the afternoon.  Good enough, God gave me PATIENCE.  Otherwise, I should have left the National Statistics Office (NSO ) Serbilis Center (  a misnomer I think  ) along Macapagal Highway earlier this afternoon  and forget about the birth certificate and the Report of Marriage being requested  by my daughter Rein for purposes of changing her name from Bael to Kitchen. Oh, by the way, NSO is offering an option if you do not want to fall in line and wait till the release of your requested documents.  For every document requested, pay 150% higher than the ordinary fees and  your documents will be delivered to you door to door.

I almost succumbed  to their offer.  It's just that I would be requesting for two documents and I found it quite expensive to pay twice as much for the two documents which will be delivered to one and the same address.  I found it very oppressing, really!hahaha

Since the two documents are badly needed by Rein, I graciously received the PATIENCE God gave me.  Thanks to my ever-present planner and I was able to review my forthcoming activities while waiting.  My Blackberry tablet also helped a lot with all the games in it.  And before I forget, one very good thing that this experience gave me was that I met two strangers, the one on my left and the other one on my right side each with an interesting life story to tell.  Sayang!  Hindi ko nakuha ang cell phone numbers nila...hahaha

On the brighter side of it, a lot of people say that the present system of issuing a copy of the birth, marriage and death certificate is far  better than a few years ago.  At least, as of today, you can go home with your requested copy already although it may take about 6-7 hours of your day.  Before, you have to wait for several days before you can pick up the documents.  Of course, I agree  but for NSO, there's so much room for improvement and take the will to improve!

Calling all systems and methods analysts out there!  This is a big challenge for all of you!  Can you please reduce the waiting time to 1-2 hours only?   Please !

No comments:

Post a Comment