Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mom and Tina's . . .

One of the activities that I look forward to every Sunday after church is the lunch date with my father and Eunice, my youngest sister.   It need not be expensive to make it special.  What matters most is our chance to share each other's experiences during the entire week.  In other words,  it's our chikahan and bonding moment.

Last Sunday, June 29,  we visited  Mom and Tina's Bakery Café situated along Sgt. Esguerra St. in Quezon City.  It is  strategically located right  in front of  one of the country's giant networks, ABS-CBN.  It looks like a two-story,  white residential house turned restaurant with a parking lot.  Eunice described it as " a little house on the prairie. "  haha . . .  But in fairness, the place is very clean and bright.   I love its ambiance, too!



The signage


Papa and Angeli at the parking area



The frontage.  Across Mom and Tina's is the ABS-CBN Building.

the table placemat


Smile Angeli!  By the way, she is  my youngest niece.

Papa and Angeli

My sister Eunice and me
 
my constant lunch dates recently
 

my favorite spot at Mom and Tina's
 
I was a bit excited to try their food because this café was once featured in Kris Aquino's everyday morning show KRIS TV and as she tasted all the food served to her,  she said  nothing but "Sarap!"

We're a bit hungry and as we looked at their menu, I immediately ordered mushroom soup,  chicken relleno, beef stew and US beef tapa served with eggs and pickled green papaya.


Chicken Relleno ~ a baked stuffed chicken slices served with tasty sauce, coleslaw and  a choice of plain or java rice.


Beef Stew with potatoes and carrots.  It is served with rice
The mushroom soup
These raisin rolls were served together with the mushroom soup
Crispy strips of marinated beef served with rice, eggs and achara ( pickled green papaya).  It's really an all-new-way to enjoy beef tapa.



A yummy dessert ~ Mango Cream Pie
 

The soup was immediately served.  After 15 minutes,  all our orders were ready. 

Next time I will visit Mom and Tina's, I'll never order again the chicken relleno .  I was expecting a chicky-meaty-veggie taste chicken relleno but I was very disappointed.  It tasted very fishy and a bit salty.

  If you love curried food,  maybe you will appreciate their beef stew.  Unfortunately, HINDI AKO MAHILIG SA CURRY so I'll never order their beef stew again.  Papa also loves beef stew but this time, he said NO.

Maybe next time, we'll try their steaks and other pies.  These were their best sellers according to their friendly waiters.

 I simply enjoyed their US beef tapa and in fairness, I loved their pickled green papaya, too!

Our meal was capped with a  yummy , sugar-free dessert, Mango Cream Pie!  At least, our dessert made us full!

Before we left the place, we had some photo shoots in front of the café for posterity.


My outfit for the day:  plain yellow sleeveless but collared blouse and chocolate brown pants from a THRIFT STORE; brooch from BIHIRA FASHION;  brown  peep-in toe wedged sandals by VIA VENETTO;  and handbag by LONGCHAMP

(L-R)  Papa, Eunice, Ne and Angeli

 
Happy Sunday everyone!  See you again, next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment