Sunday, June 30, 2013

In your time . . .

 
It's been a long time since I had my last lunch at the French Baker.  We used to have our lunch in this  food chain after the Sunday worship in Las Pinas Church of Christ.  Since my daughter Rein left for London, I had never visited it again for years . . . not even for a snack.  Sorry to say but my husband is not a big fan of it ( actually he's not a big fan of French cuisine in general ) though he never complained when we used to eat there before . 

A few days ago  after my  appointment at SM Southmall, I decided to have a taste of French Baker once again.  It's now located near the National Book Store, Bon Chon and Chow King by  the  Door 2  of  SM Southmall.  It's newly renovated and as usual, it exudes a great, relaxing  ambiance.

 
 
 
It's near the Door 2 of SM Southmall alongside with
National Book Store
 
 
The 3D walls
 
I checked on their menu and ola... it's still the same with some few add-ons.  There's my favorite soup on a bread bowl and the chicken ala king with corn and carrot side dish.  I also longed for the mouth-watering green fetucinni carbonara with garlic toast on the sides  which is great with the four season drink.  If Rein is with me, she'll probably choose the Hamburger steak or the German Sausage with potato salad  or the Hickory Spareribs.

But it was only merienda time, so I opted to  have  one of their latest add-ons, a potato salad and my favorite soft roll cinnamon which they  served hot and was made a lot softer.  Hmmmm.... yummy!  The potato salad was chunky and made tastier with their very own salad dressing.  It became more attractive and delicious with some bacon bits on top.  It was an afternoon of something salty and something sweet and guess what - an afternoon also of daydreaming because their placemats feature some of the famous landmarks in France.  Their menu is French-inspired as well.

Soft roll cinnamon and chunky potato salad
 
Paris inspired placemat
 
The menu cover
 
While waiting for the sun to set ( coz the angry sun really makes me look more negra ) and enjoying the cool and relaxing ambiance at the French Baker, I drooled over my paper table napkins and this is what I came up with.

Sorry . . . I kept this in my wallet before I had it picture taken

Yes . . . I kept it in my wallet because they said that if you want something, keep it in your wallet so that you will always be reminded of it and eventually,  it will be yours or it will happen.

 
Lord, this is one of  my dreams and I do not know yet how I can make it happen.  But I know YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN  , , , IN YOUR TIME!


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment